7/23/09

And another thing..

french harry

..the covers for French Harry are a good 25 hundred times better than the British ones, which to be honest, I find pretty woeful. Pull your socks up Britain.

I swear thats my last post of a Harry Potter nature for a good while. Though lucky for me - and maybe for you - my latest obsessing has put me onto the illustrator Jean-Claude Götting, with whom I'm now rather smitten. Makes me want to break out the paint.

Jean_Claude_Gotting

Yum. See more of his work over here.

3 comments:

nath said...

yes, they are sufficiently retro, unlike the horrible covers we endure. i went into Waterstones today and was really appalled generally at the ugly generic covers on everything it seems. why?

hellojenuine said...

nice illustrations, i don't dig the typeface though! you win some, you lose some. have you tried reading the french ones?

carolyn alexander said...

I know Nath - thats why I moved to france in disgust (I jest).

And yep I agree - the text is a bit ropey, shame! I've dipped in and out of them (with a dictionary in hand) but the tenses used are abit hard for me just now - all the conditional and subjunctives kill me. When I finish one I'm going to throw a party to celebrate my intelligence.